Are you ready to take that next step to grow in your faith? Here are 4 key areas where members can grow in their faith.
You only need to look around you to see that all things have a purpose.
A washing machine for clothes, a car to drive from A to B, a cooker to prepare food for example. The same is true for us. We have a purpose, a reason for being and a reason for living. Our ultimate purpose is to live for God.
Romans 8:28 says:
‘And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.’
What is God’s purpose for me?
- To love Him – Read Matthew 22:37
- To love our neighbour – Read: Matthew 22:39-40
- To live humbly – Read: Micah 6:7-8
- To be led by the Holy Spirit – Read: Galatians 5:16-26
- To share the good news with others – Read: Mark 16:15-16
The Holy Spirit – Video & Podcast
Giving is an important part of the Christian faith.
2 Corinthians 9:6-7:
But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
Jesus also tells us in scripture that we are to give our time and resources to build His Kingdom and to help others.
Read these scriptures to understand what the Bible says about giving:
- Psalm 37:21
- Proverbs 3:9-10
- Malachi 3:8-10
- Luke 6:33-35.
- Acts 20:35
- 2 Corinthians 9:6-7
- Hebrews 13:16
At The Cornerstone Church we understand that serving is an essential part of our Christian life. Jesus said:
just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.”
He served as the prime example for us to follow.
What the Bible says about serving:
- God expects us to build His Kingdom – Read: Matthew 6:33
- God wants us to help others through our service – Read: Romans 12:10-13
- Serving is part of our God given purpose – Read: Ephesians 2:10
- We are equipped to serve – Read: Ephesians 4:11-16
At The Cornerstone Church our vision focuses on Significance.
Our motto is: ‘You are significant!’
We believe that you find your significance in life through:
- A relationship with Christ
- A connection with your true self and others
- Through your contribution to building God’s kingdom and giving back to society through your gifts and resources.
We refer to them as the three ‘C’s – ‘Christ, Connection and ‘Contribution’.
Scriptures to read:
- 1 Peter 2:24
- Romans 5:8
- 1 Peter 3:18
- John 14:6
- 2 Corinthians 5:14-21
- Matthew 5:16
- Matthew 6:22-24
- 1 John 3:18
- Galatians 6:2
- 1 Corinthians 2:9-12
- Proverbs 3:27
- Proverbs 19:17
- Proverbs 22:9
- Acts 20:35
- Matthew 5:42
Next steps to build community:
1. Attend Wednesday prayer meeting
2. Attend Thursdays midweek gathering
3. Continue to attend Sunday services
4. Enquire about ‘new to church coffee’
5. Enquire about upcoming events, meetings and socials